Become an au pair in Australia
Australia is one of the most beautiful and diverse countries in the world – from Sydney’s pristine beaches to Queensland’s lush rainforests and Melbourne’s vibrant cafe and nightlife scene, it’s the country that has it all. The opportunity for you to experience all our amazing country has to offer, while earning money looking after Aussie kids, learning about a new culture, and making lifelong friends, is waiting for you. Au Pair Partners is here to assist you every step of the way to make sure this really is the adventure and experience of a lifetime.
The Au Pair Partners difference is that we put equal focus on you. We know your happiness goes a long way towards the overall success of your placement here, so you are our priority. We want you to feel safe, secure, happy and supported throughout your stay and will do everything we can to make sure you feel that way.
Au Pair Partners will provide:
- Perfect matches with a family that meets your lifestyle, values and expectations
- Support for you throughout the process, from the time you apply through to the end of your placement. We will answer any questions you have, and regularly check in with our au pairs to ensure that they are enjoying their experience and know they have our support while they are here.
- We have families that are prepared to pay for quality au pairs and we ensure that these families understand what your personal expectations are
- Signed and detailed agreements between all parties
- Emergency support.
When can I come?
- 6 -12 month placements are available all year round
- Shorter placements of 1-3 months are available, however please be aware that it is not as easy to find suitable host families so you may need to wait longer for a placement.
What you will receive:
- 6-12 month placement (on a 1-year visa)
- Assistance with applying for your visa
- Two weeks’ paid holidays per 6-month placement, 4 weeks’ paid holidays for 1-year placements
- Completion bonus of $500 after 6-month stay with your family, and an additional $100 bonus per month ongoing. Plus, an au pair completion certificate.
- Private, comfortable bedroom and bathroom (or shared with children/family)
- All meals (full board and lodge)
- Duties 35-40 hours per week, care of children and light housework
- High earnings: A$200-A$400 per week, depending on experience and hours required
- Two days’ free-time per week, usually weekends
- Access to public transport, own car or use of family car in free time
- Welcome pack, monthly au pair contact lists and newsletters on childcare, safety and tours
- Support during your placement
Am I eligible?
- Are you a female aged 18-30?
- Do you have conversational English language skills?
- Do you have 200+ hours of childcare experience?
- Are you able to obtain 2 references to support your childcare experience?
- Do you have a clean criminal record and good health?
- Do you have a good sense of responsibility and a positive attitude?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, then you are most eligible to apply!
Demi pair in Australia
- Want to study abroad?
- Love working with and being around children?
- Want to travel, work, study, and experience life in Australia?
What is a demi pair?
- A demi pair typically assists the family 15 hours per week. This enables them to complete their study whilst living and working with the family.
- In return the host family will provide you with accommodation and full board (3 meals for per day 7 days per week).
- The demi pair may also help with light housework and childcare. All of which will be discussed with Au Pair Partners to ensure it is clearly understood by both the family and demi pair prior to the arrangement
- As a demi pair you can earn additional pocket money through additional hours and expect to receive $AUS12 per hour. This is to be negotiated with your host family.
Demi pair process with Au Pair Partners:
- Complete the application form and adhere to our requirements – police check and visa.